Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring Training

February 6, 2013- Julien Benjamin

Hello Braves fans! It's been a while since my last post, I'm updating here before Spring Training. It's, what 5 days away? Can't wait!

Anyways, baseball rumors and stories continue on, though not much on the Braves front after the great trade we made for Upton. Bourn is still unsigned, same as Kyle Lohse. Both are Boras clients. I find this so funny, it seems that his tactics have backfired on him. With Bourn, it seems like he's trying to trick the Mets into rushing into signing him, by saying that he has other offers. This is a pure bluff. If he did, Michael would be signed already, seeing that ST is about to start. The Mets are doing the smart thing, and trying to secure their #11 pick (a pick that I think they should be allowed to keep).

However, that's not our main focus here. Our focus is Braves baseball. I'm planning a series of posts, that I hopefully should get posted soon, comparing the Braves and the Nationals, our closest rivals in the NL East. At this moment, I think that they are marginally better than us, and will attempt to prove this in my next few postings (memory willing). Also, I hope to go around the league, providing projections for different teams, and identifying teams that we should watch for in the league this season to surprise us.

My next post, which should hopefully be out today, will detail our 25-man roster, and who I expect to see win spots and why. I'll also give my thoughts on who should win these spots.

Any questions or comments for me, you can leave below, but most preferably, tweet me: @bravesfanjulien . I also appear frequently on David O'Brien's of the AJC Braves blog, under the moniker TheOnlyBravesFan


No comments:

Post a Comment